Tuesday 27 May 2014

Mcfly - Unsaid Things (Our Story)


Let's go back 10 years ago when Mcfly first came out. I had not long started dying my hair and had a lip ring. This caused a lot of people to sing "Five colours in her hair" to me, even though I probably only had like two. Also taking you back to a throw back moment, so you can understand me a little bit more - I was into a lot of foreign rock at that time, so I had no time for Mcfly.

Roll forward to Tom's wedding speech and having one of my friends sending me the link. (Thanks Nome).
I couldn't get their songs out of my head after watching that video, even though I never listened to them willingly, I did hear their songs - lets face it, those songs are catchy so whether you like them or not, you'll find yourself singing them.  
I've always found if I have a song stuck in my head, if I listen to it on repeat I can get it out - I know that makes no sense, but if I'm not a fan of it I will be like "SHUT UP!" after a while. Well the opposite happened with Mcfly. I enjoyed their music, so much so I went to see them on the McBusted tour and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I've been to a lot of gigs.

My sister owned this book so after the gig I asked her if I could read it, which she let me.
I, obviously not being a fan of the band from the beginning - nor being someone who listens to gossip via online or magazine, I actually didn't know most of what I was reading which made for a very interesting read.

What GoodReads Says:
In 2003, Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones, Harry Judd and Dougie Poynter came together and formed what would become one of the most popular and successful bands in the UK. Just teenagers at the time, they were catapulted into the limelight and had to adapt quickly to their new-found fame – and everything that came with it. Now, at last, they have decided to tell their story, in full and revealing detail.

Speaking with candour and their trademark humour, Tom, Danny, Harry and Dougie share both the stories of their own lives and that of McFly. They give their personal insights into their contrasting childhoods, the individual paths that led them to the band, the struggles they have each overcome, their love lives and, of course, their music.

Packed with previously untold stories, a lot of laughter and the occasional tear, Unsaid Things offers a privileged look into the lives of four guys who started out as bandmates and became best friends. Their unique camaraderie radiates from every page and by the end of the book, you’ll know them almost as well as they know each other …

This book made me laugh, cry and make me respect the guys from Mcfly a lot more.
When I was reading this book, I had already converted into a Mcfly fan but after reading it I'm ashamed to say I wasn't all those years.
Especially as I'm the least cool person in the world. Haha.

I know most Mcfly fans know their story, but I still don't want to ruin anything.
If you want an honest, funny and personal story straight from the bands mouths, this is it. Including lots of pictures - which lets be fair were the first thing I looked at. Haha. 

You can buy your own copy for as little as £4.31 here on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment