Thursday 31 July 2014

A Clash of Kings - George. R.R Martin


Hey guys, the next instalment of the Game of Thrones books. 
If you can recall I wasn't the biggest fan of A Song of Ice and Fire, it made me angry. 

By the time I got to this book, I wasn't as angry though still made me cringe reading about rape, as well as how bad woman are treated. 

In honesty this book bored me. I just went from feeling angry with one book to being bored. It got better the further I got in the book but it started off way too slow for me. So slow apparently that the start of Season 2 (yep I've caught up on the series now) cut off most of it. 

There are too many "kings" and most of them irritated me, especially Joffrey - that child needs a slap. 

I think with this book is that there was so much detail where there really didn't need to be, that by the end of the chapter you were left there wondering what you'd just read, so by the time you got back to that characters next chapter, you had no clue what was going on. It's great he has this world down to have so much details but I felt like it was just used to take up room in the word count form. 

I am currently on A Feast With Crows now and am enjoying the series much more, just this book was not the best. (For me).

You can buy this book for as little as £3.49 on Amazon. 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment