Sunday 3 August 2014

A Storm of Swords - George R R Martin


Hey guys, today I have the third book in the series, I have to admit that I really wasn't looking forward to this book, not after the hate I felt reading the first and the boredom reading the second.
So what did I think of A Storm of Swords parts 1 & 2?
I actually enjoyed it, there was a lot more story instead of like the last book, that just had a lot of details that felt like they were just there to take up space. This one was a page turner, though I could live without hearing about rape (again) and the use of the word c**t is uncalled for and a little bit cringy, the story was much better and had me wanted to read through the books.

I have to admit I was very confused as this is book three, but on my copies it's split into two books so part 1 and part 2, but along the spine of the book it called book 3.2 book 4, so there was me frantic thinking "I haven't got the next book, I have book three and book 4, I need book 3.2!" Yeah just to confuse me, book 4 was book 3.2.  Apparently it's the same with book 5, for me that's book 6 and 7. Way to confuse people.

You can get this book for as little as £9.49 on Amazon.
Although if you go into Asda they were doing a 3 for £10 on the Game of Thrones books, so you could get both parts of this book and another for 51p more than you'd pay for the book on Amazon.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment