Sunday 16 November 2014

M.A. Harper - Ghost in the Bedroom

M.A. Harper - Ghost in the Bedroom
M.A Harper - Ghost in the bedroom

M.A. Harper - Ghost in the Bedroom.



Hey guys today's review is going to be on the M.A. Harper book "Ghost in the Bedroom". I got this thinking it would be completely different, haunting, scary, a little bit creepy at least.
It definitely was about a haunting but the theme of the book was not creepy in the slightest.

This book is about a woman called Michelle who has two kids Cam and Nicole, after her husband was killed in a car crash, her family are heartbroken. Nicole turns to art, Cam turns in on himself and Michelle ends up meeting a guy, Phil, who has not long been left by his wife.
They end up getting married and moving in together, in a brand new house - with no ties to his prior family or her dead husband. Only thing, her dead husband's presence is all around to the point where Phil is seeing him.

I have to admit this was an odd book for a couple of reasons.
There was a point in the book where Phil mentioned about it being a year since him and Michelle had met, but this was near the end of the book and you'd just spent months with them. Did they really just meet and get married within a few months of meeting?

Also, Phil's ex wife who is now married, has no issues in taking Michelle's kids for the holidays, these kids that have nothing to do with her except they're her ex husband's step kids.
Maybe his ex wife is a nice lady, but I wouldn't take my ex's kids and let them stay over the holidays.

Get over those and it's a good book, it really made you want to find out how it ended, and then it ended. I feel robbed, I just didn't get the ending what-so-ever, it made no sense to me and I felt like a lot of ends were left untied.
If there is going to be another book in this series with these characters then I can understand the ending - somewhat, but I just feel a little lost if it's just a singular book, which is a shame as I was enjoying it - even with it's odd moments.

You can get your own copy on Amazon for £1.93

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment