Monday 20 October 2014

Apryl Baker - The Ghost Files

Apryl Baker - The Ghost Files

Hey guys, sorry I'm a bit late with this review, my fibro has been playing up a lot lately so it's taking me a lot longer to finish books - and I've not wrote a blog post in so long due to sheer exhaustion.
I have this and another book review to write today and then I'm caught up with all the books I've read, so really hope this flare goes soon otherwise I'll have no new posts.

Apryl Baker
I really enjoyed this book, I thought it would be creepier than what it was - although it could be because I've read some really scary books which is why this didn't bother me as much, the cover does creep me out though, but it's what attracted me to it. 

Mattie our main character is 16 years old. A foster child who has been moved from family to family since her mother tried to kill her when she was a child. 
Her current foster parents also foster another girl, Sally.

When Mattie is at a party with her friends, she sees Sally in front of her - a gun wound in her head. Mattie sees ghosts.

The book follows Mattie as she communicates with other ghosts, tries to get her foster parents to look for Sally, and her relationship with Dan the cop - who doesn't quite know whether to believe her when she says she sees ghosts.

There are lots of twists and turns in this book, one that makes you to continue reading even when your eyes are protesting wanting sleep. 

This is just the first book in the series, I'm intrigued to find out the next part of Mattie's adventures. 

You can still get this for free on the Kindle

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment