Wednesday 22 October 2014

Robert Galbraith - The SIlkworm

Robert Galbraith - The Silkwork
Robert Galbraith - The Silkworm

Hey guys, I finally got my hands on the second novel from Robert Galbraith - who I think everyone and their frogs know is JK Rowling. I absolutely loved the Cuckoo's Calling and really warmed to Cormoron Strike the main character - even if he's not really a warm character, I couldn't help but admire him and the way his brain worked. 

I don't know why it took me so long to get this book, but thanks to my sister and the Amazon voucher she got me for my birthday, this was the first book I bought and read it straight away.
We get to see more of Strike in this book, discover him a bit more - see his family and friends. Again he's not a character that is warm, but I find myself admiring him all the same.

This book is based around the disappearance of a fairly known author Owen Quaine. We never actually meet this character, but we find out a lot about his writing style, his private life and his quirks. He is an interesting character. 
His latest book is based on people he knows from his wife to his publicist, none of it nice in fact if it was to get published it would ruin a lot of lives.
That's why when he is found dead - in a very horrific way I may like to add - there is multiple suspects. Strike and his assistant Robin have a lot of people to interview and question that need answering, all without the police finding out and avoiding being followed by someone in a black coat.

This book is another great read. I love mysteries like this whether it be books, shows or films so it was always going to be a winner for me, the fact it's actually JKR who writes it makes me admire her so much more. I can't wait to read more of her work - whether it be in her own name of Robert's, but I really hope there are more books involving Cormoran Strike, he's a character that really intrigues me. 

You can get your own copy for as little as £6.99 here.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment