Sunday 12 October 2014

Gillian Flynn - Gone Girl

Gillian Flynn - Gone Girl
Gillian Flynn - Gone Girl

Hey guys today's book is Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl.
I actually downloaded this book on my Kindle years ago, it was one of the first books I bought for my Kindle, according to my account I ordered it on the 27th August 2012 - yet for some reason it took for me to partially see the trailer for me to finally get around to reading it. I believe the words "Gone Girl? I'm sure that's a book! I believe I own it!" were said. 

The story is told from both Nick and Amy's point of view, both from past tense and future.
Nick and Amy are a married couple who have issues in their marriage that they continue to ignore. Both lost their jobs and decide to move back to Nick's home town to look after his sick mother, the last of Amy's inheritance going towards funding a bar that Nick and his twin sister Go run.
On their 5th Wedding anniversary Amy goes missing, the living room has been turned over and Nick isn't acting how a grieving / worried husband should be.
This book is full of twists and turns in every chapter, a complete page turner.

The main characters Nick and Amy; you want to like them, hate them, blame them and believe them  all at the same time, it's a weird feeling. These are two very twisted people and after I completed this book the first thing I said was "I never want to get married!" if this is what marriage is like. 

I would highly recommend this book but expect strangeness. 
I like a book that can confuse me, make me feel a million things and have me rushing to finish so that I can find out it's ending - that is exactly what this book did.

I've now seen the trailer and the film doesn't look like anything how I pictured it when reading the book - which is why I'm glad I read it first, that's not to say I won't enjoy the film but I'll see them as two different things.  
I'd say read the book first.

You can buy it for as little as £2.85 on Amazon.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment