Thursday 2 October 2014

Steve Demaree - Murder in the Library

Murder in the Library - Steve Demaree

Hey guys I have another review for you today, this time it's Steve Demaree's book "Murder in the Library", this is the third book in the series, although the only book I have actually read. 
The police who are on this case know the victim, so I'm not sure if he makes an appearance in the previous books but this one he is the victim, and he knows it.

I have to say this book would have been a lot shorter but the author was quite food obsessed, you had a lot of details of what the detectives were eating or planning to eat, until one decides that whilst he's trying to work on the clues to solve the murder, he will buy a wii and eat healthier, leaving the other cop aggravated. It had nothing to do with the plot, whether it will come up in later books with these two characters I'm not sure, but I found it unnecessary.

Aside from that it was a great book, really got you thinking. How was a man killed in his own personal library, when no one had entered the room?! Definitely has you assuming it's every character you meet along the way, trying to think of their motives. 

I would definitely read another one of these books, I'd just prefer all the food descriptions to be left out. 

You can buy this for £1.99 on the Kindle here.   

x

No comments:

Post a Comment