Wednesday 13 August 2014

A Feast For Crows - George R.R Martin

A Feast For Crows - George R.R Martin
(Source

The Lannisters are in power on the Iron Throne. The war in the Seven Kingdoms has burned itself out, but in its bitter aftermath new conflicts spark to life. - GoodReads

Hey guys, I have another review from the A Song of Ice and Fire series for you, slowly making my way through this series, although I still can't decide whether I like the books or the TV show better - which never happens to me. I'm all for books usually.

Now I have to admit I found this book to be boring. For me personally throughout this series I've found there to be pages of writing that either go over the same thing, or don't seem to have a purpose other than to fill up space.
With this series being so detailed and having so much happening as it is, I don't understand the need for some of the passages in here - but I will carry on as hopefully they will all make sense once I've read them all. 

I did get a little confused I have to admit, where certain characters change their names it took me a while to figure out who they were actually on about, as SO much had happened since they actually changed their names. You really do need to read these books with no distractions around you.

This book is based around a few characters, in the following book you catch up with the rest, but it does mean you could get fed up of Cersei very quickly - she had a lot of chapters.
This is the first in the series where chapters were given to other characters - without a name. "The Kraken's Daughter"  for example, where we are used to seeing the chapters as the characters names. 

This is a good story and lots happened that made you want to turn the page, but for me there was too much "extra" details that didn't seem to need to be there, and having to read that to get to the good parts was quite boring. 

You can buy this for as low as £3.49 on Amazon

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment