Wednesday 20 August 2014

Friends With Partial Benefits - Luke Young

Luke Young - Friends with Partial Benefits

Jillian Grayson is a disillusioned divorcĂ©e and best-selling romance novelist who suddenly can't write a chapter without her hunky male heartthrob suffering ED, an STD, or even worse.  - GoodReads

Hey Guys, this was another book I got on the kindle free from Amazon, it's been sat there just waiting to be read so after a few months of reading other books and passing this one, I decided I would get to it. 

The book starts off with our main character Jillian - an erotic romance novelist who has got creative block, every time she tries to write the scenes turn from sexy to something going horribly wrong - due to Jillian's personal life. She's just divorced after catching her husband cheating. 

Jillan has a son who is in college, the story passes between her and her son - more importantly her son's best friend Brian, who is having relationship problems himself. To try and cheer Brian up, Rob (the son) asks him to go home with him for the holidays, although Rob will be spending time with his girlfriend - who he doesn't see much of due to going to different colleges, his house does have a tennis court and Brian is a big fan of the game.
Coincidently enough, so is Jillian. 

This book is very explicit, I mean you could assume that with the title but I thought I'd warn you.

This book is written by a guy which I was very surprised about, I'm not sure why but reading it I just assumed a woman had written it, not to be sexist it just the way it was written, the details, things I'd not expect a man to think about when putting certain scenes to paper. Well done Luke, you surprised me.

I have to admit this book did have parts that made me cringe, such as when Jillian watches Brian in the shower. Her sons best friend. Hmm little too "keeping it in the family" there for me, but otherwise it was an alright book. Did it make me want to rush out and buy the next one? No, but it was a good book to pass the time with.

You can still get this free on Kindle* on Amazon

* Blog post written on the 8th August, book may go up before post is published. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment