Saturday 23 August 2014

Robert Whitlow - The confession*

Robert Whitlow - The confession

Hey guys, I was sent this book from BookLookBloggers to review, it was only released on the 5th August, so a very new book. Who can argue with new books? 

I have never heard of Robert before, but I liked the description of this book so thought I would give it a go. I was sent this to my Kindle, BookLookBloggers have other options available if you don't have a kindle. 

This book starts off with Holt and his best friend aged 17, all their lives and futures ahead of them until one drunken night sees the best friend killed in a car accident, leaving Holt's life changed forever.
Move forward a few years and Holt is now an Assistant D.A in Ashley County, Georgia, sending criminals to jail one confession at a time. 

With a long term girlfriend and a job he's good at - everything looks like it's going great for Holt, but lurking in his past is a dark secret that could end both his relationship and his career. 

When a file turns up on his desk, Holt gets curious about a cold case of one of the town's wealthiest business men, a guy who allegedly shot himself. This file doesn't contain a lot of information on the case, but the more he digs up, the more he suspects that this was murder.

I enjoyed this book, it had lots of twists and turns that made me kept wanting to turn the page, also not want to put it down for too long because I wanted to see how it ended.
A few things that could have made it (for me) better, was the over use of characters names, "Holt did this, then Holt said that, Holt did the other," too much name in one sentence - if you can get passed that most people wouldn't have any issues.

The only other thing for me was it just seemed to be a little in your face with religion, I respect that there was some religion in the book, but this appeared out of nowhere and suddenly there were bible verses, that was a little too much for me personally. Aside from that, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a good mystery. 

You can buy this for as little as £5.87 on Amazon.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment